SUCCESS is in the 9th hour and after.

To be successful often time you have to act and think different than most.

Sometime your friends and family might even think you have gone overboard.

It is because to be successful, you have to be in the top ten percentile.  That means, your actions, most of the time, are only going to be natural to 10% of the population.

Take Tiger Woods for example he run 5 miles every morning, golf a full round then hit 500 balls and then weight training. If he isn’t Tiger Woods people may say this guys is obsessive, a little too much. However, when the guy we are talking about is Tiger Woods then suddenly we think that is normal for him because he is Tiger Woods. My point he has been working this hard, way before he is the Tiger Woods that he is today. That means there was a time Tiger Woods was just a guy who seems to be obsessive and overboard about golf. And most people may think he should slow down and relax a little.

So if 90% of people say, your schedule is fine, you’re not working too hard.  You’re not too focused.  You’re not doing too much. You may need to evaluate your activities in pursue of your success

Brian Tracy, he said it best. He said you do the eight hours a day just to be okay.  To get to the success, you’ve got to do above and beyond the eight hours.  What you do between the 9:00 to 5:00, your eight hours of work, that’s just the norm.  If you want to get to excellent, you got to go from the 9th to the 10th or even the 12th hour in the day.  The first eight hours of the day, that’s just your minimum.  That’s what you need to do to survive.  To get to excellent, to be successful, it’s in the 9th hour and after.

Other related post from Giovanna

Be so Motivated that nothing can stop you!

What can we learn from a 9 months old?

Kian Ann says: 26 November 2008 - 1:28 am

Thanks for the re-affirmation! I’ve been working long hours (holding a full time job and managing my web business after my office work!) for the past 8 months!

Today I’m glad to say I “don’t have to participate in the recession”. So much so, that even it means getting laid off, I am secure with my business.

Extra miles always pay off, and nothing beats hard work eh?

Giovanna Garcia says: 26 November 2008 - 1:43 am

Hi Kian

That is awesome! You are a great success story of Hard work does pay off :-)
Thank You for your comment, I look forward to reading more from you.

Believe Achieve - Hugo and Roxanne says: 26 November 2008 - 2:28 am

We always say anything worth having is surely worth working hard towards!! Success doesn’t just fall into our laps. It takes passion, hard work, focus and belief. We came across this quote today that made us think of you. “It is good to dream, but it is better to dream and work. Faith is mighty, but action with faith is mightier.” -Thomas Robert Gaines

Hugo and Roxanne
~ Believe Achieve ~

Giovanna Garcia says: 26 November 2008 - 10:59 am

Hi Hugo & Roxanne

That is right Success doesn’t fall into own laps, we have got to do the work :-)
Thank you for that quote I love it. It is very true. I am going to post it on my twitter and facebook.

Thanks for your comment, you have added value to this post.

Jared Young says: 26 November 2008 - 1:41 pm

Sometimes we get all get a little discouraged by the long hours. But as long as we’re working smart–not just long–then every hour will pay off ten fold down the road.

Great post… it’s good to remember that we’re working toward a goal… and if we want to be the best, we have to put in the time.

Shaw Funami says: 26 November 2008 - 2:32 pm

Dear Giovanna,

Nice article as always. I hope to learn also how Tiger Woods gets relaxed. When Chopin was playing piano, his teacher told him something missing. When Chopin asked what it is. His teacher told him stop playing for a while and love somebody seriously. When he returned after couple of weeks, his pino was definitely better than before. By the way as you know relaxing is not being idol or procrasitinating. See you later!

Giovanna Garcia says: 26 November 2008 - 6:15 pm

Dear Jared

That is right we have to work hard and smart at the same time :-)

Thanks for your comment, I look forward to reading more from you.

Giovanna Garcia says: 26 November 2008 - 9:43 pm

Dear Shaw

Hummm I wonder what Tiger Woods does to relax? May be playing with his little girl and spending time with his wife.

Thanks for your comment, come back any time.

Dan says: 27 November 2008 - 11:54 am

Thats a good point, just because he is Tiger Woods, everyone thinks his schedule is normal, whereas anyone else who did that much would be told to chill out and relax.

I’d like to become as motivated as him, but fear that it would be too much of a change from my relaxing life :P lol

Norhafidz says: 28 November 2008 - 2:17 pm

Hello Giovanna,
this is a great stuff, very motivated post.
Tiger Woods is a great example of “never-stop-doing-it” :)

Giovanna Garcia says: 28 November 2008 - 8:17 pm

Hi Dan

You are funny :-)

Thanks for your comment. Come back any time.

Giovanna Garcia says: 28 November 2008 - 9:12 pm

Hi Norhafidz

Cheers to “never stop doing it” :-)

Thanks for your comment, I look forward to reading more from you.

[...] Other related post by Giovanna SUCCESS is in the 9th hour and after. [...]