The “I Love Lucy” Story.

To achieve your goals and dreams, you have got to believe in yourself. Never take ‘No’ for an answer and take lots of imperfect actions.

Take Lucille Ball for example: creator and star of the show “I Love Lucy” winner of more than 200 awards and 5 Emmys. Lucille Ball earned the respect and admiration of the country. She is also a brilliant business woman! In 1960 she was the first woman in history to own the largest production company. In her days, she was one of the most powerful people in Hollywood.

Like many successful people’s stories, life didn’t roll out the red carpet for her right from the beginning. When Lucy was 15 she left high school to pursuit acting. She auditioned repeatedly for John Murray Anderson Drama School in New York, she was told that she had NO Talent and was never accepted.

With no experience in acting, Lucy took jobs as model and showgirl. She continued to audition for movies, and she would get bit parts in low budget films. But the success of her first roles would lead to bigger and better parts and from the mid 30’s to the late 40’s Lucille Ball would had appeared in over 60 films.

When Lucille Ball married the love of her life, Cuban band leader Desi Arnaz things wasn’t easy for them. His band and her career schedules clashed often and that forced Lucy to file for divorce, but the day before the divorce was finalized. The young couple decided that the only way to make their marriage work was if they worked together on a project.

Lucy and Desi pitched the “I Love Lucy” idea to CBS. And their idea was turn down by CBS officials; they claimed that the American public would never accept such a couple.

So, the husband and wife team formed their production company called “Desilu,” and hit the road, taking their show idea and turning it into a popular and highly praised stage show. When CBS still refused to consider the show, Lucy and Desi used their own money to film the pilot episode of the show “I Love Lucy” and instantly became the most popular television show in America. CBS picked up the show before the 30 minute episode was over.

That is the story of how she became the “I Love Lucy” that we all know and love! Whatever you want your life story to be, you have to go make it happen for yourselves. Don’t worry about the ‘NO!’ When you are a success, you will look back and laugh about it!

Michael Jordan was beaten…, Richard Branson got arrested for his Vision.,

Cirque Du Soleil took a huge risk.

Henie says: 4 January 2009 - 10:35 pm

I enjoyed reading this post. Thanks so much! It is true that whatever the mind can perceive it can achieve!

Take care and nice to meet you:)
Henie

Giovanna Garcia says: 5 January 2009 - 11:36 am

Thanks for your comment :-) Yes, we can achieve whatever we believe we can do!
Come back anytime.

Hilary says: 5 January 2009 - 4:10 pm

I used to love watching the “I love Lucy Shows” .. I thought they were great .. even over here in little old England! I didn’t know her story .. it’s inspiring to hear people’s struggles and realise there is hope for all of us ..

Have a great 2009 - Hilary Melton-Butcher

Pages tagged "i love lucy" says: 5 January 2009 - 8:30 pm

[...] bookmarks tagged i love lucy Imperfect Action » Blog Archive » The “I Love … saved by 5 others     NebuIaBlue bookmarked on 01/05/09 | [...]

Giovanna Garcia says: 5 January 2009 - 8:50 pm

“I Love Lucy” was and still being play in many parts of the world. Yes, hers story does shows everyone that there is hope for everbody.

Thanks for your comment, I look forward to reading more from you.

DaveMurr says: 5 January 2009 - 9:31 pm

I know Lucille Ball took the time to talk and work with the tech crew of the projects she worked on while she was starting her career. Goes to show that’s its important not to forget where you came from.

Giovanna Garcia says: 6 January 2009 - 12:14 am

Hi Dave

I think Lucille Ball was an all around nice person. Which had a lot to do with her success.
Thanks for your comment, it is great to see you here.

Imperfect Action is better than no Action

Betty Pipia says: 6 January 2009 - 8:20 am

Hi Giovanna
The I love Lucy story is a great example of never giving up. Also the power of believing in yourself and not what others think. Where would the world be today if Lucy believed “she had no talent”. Thanks for sharing
Betty

Giovanna Garcia says: 6 January 2009 - 11:23 am

Hi Betty

Yeah, if Lucy believed she had no talent. The world would have miss out so much. Lucy really shown us what it means to never give up!

Thanks for your comment, I hope to read more from you.

Shaw Funami says: 6 January 2009 - 2:02 pm

Hi Giovanna: Thank you for your story. There are always bitter experience, bad times, rejections in successful people. When people think about those successful people, we tend not to pay attention to those harsh experience of theirs. One thing common for these successful people was the fact that they never gave up. They continued to do what they believe to do. Thanks, again.

How can I get picture for leaving comment?

BarbershopJerry says: 6 January 2009 - 2:26 pm

This is a wonderful story of what happens to so many people. It seems that the winners in life are the ones that go “that one step beyond” where everyone else gave up trying. This is especially true in the current economic situation our country is in.
Thanks for the great content… one more time!
Jerry

Scott Jay Ringle says: 6 January 2009 - 2:55 pm

Great article and so true… You always seem to understand what interests real people ;) Compelling to think about to say the least.

Take care and chat with you and Craig soon.

Scott Jay Ringle

Giovanna Garcia says: 6 January 2009 - 3:04 pm

Hi Shaw,

I would say most of the successful people have heard more ‘NOs” than others. Which is why they are successful :-)

Thank You for your comment, I enjoyed reading what you said.

Giovanna Garcia says: 6 January 2009 - 3:10 pm

Hello Jerry

People like Lucy they don’t stop when they hear a NO! We can all use some of that kind of selected listening :-)
I think it is one of the key to success!

Thank for your input, I like what you said about the “one step beyond!”

Giovanna Garcia says: 6 January 2009 - 3:12 pm

Hi Scott

Thanks for stopping by. I am glad you like the story. It is great to see you here, come back anytime.

Giovanna Garica

Believe Achieve - Hugo and Roxanne says: 6 January 2009 - 4:41 pm

We always enjoyed watching the show growing up. But never new the challenges and struggles she faced to achieve her dreams. Thank you for sharing her amazing story.

Hugo and Roxanne
~Believe Achieve~

Giovanna Garcia says: 6 January 2009 - 7:48 pm

Hi Hugo & Roxanne

Yeah, most people don’t know about her hardship. I knew you would like this story; Lucy believed and Lucy achieved!!

Thanks for your comment, great to see you :-)

Cindy says: 6 January 2009 - 10:31 pm

Hi giovanna,
Yeah,alot of people including myself didn’t know about Lucy’s problems.But,I think that she was a great actor.I loved her and Desi together.I thought that they made a perfect couple.I watched the show for years,up until Lucy died.She was one of my favorite actors.I don’t care what anybody says about Lucy,she was GREAT.I have her and Desi on tape and I still watch both of them all the time.I don’t mock anybody for anything that they try to do in life,because life is too short.I give both of them alot of credit for even trying to make it in show business.I thank you for the story.

Reinhard Eder says: 7 January 2009 - 12:30 am

Your article on Lucille Ball can be a great inspiration for all of us. She knew how to make people laugh.
Thanks for sharing this story with us.

Reinhard Eder
Excel To Top Marketer

Giovanna Garcia says: 7 January 2009 - 1:38 am

Hi Cindy

Lucy was an amazing woman. I still watch “I Love Lucy” til this day! I must have seen every one of them 5 times or more, but I still love them.
And knowing what she had gone through to be who she was, that just made me love her even more.

Thank You for your comment, stop by anytime :-)

Giovanna Garcia says: 7 January 2009 - 1:40 am

Hi Reinhard

Yes, Lucy was not only an fantastic actor and business woman. She was also a very inspirational person. Just a beautiful soul :-)

Thanks for your comment. Come back anytime.

[...] The “I Love Lucy” Story. [...]

CG Walters says: 16 January 2009 - 4:30 am

It’s people like you, Giovanna, who inspired me to point to those who are working in the positive, for others to see and benefit.
Many Blessings and continued inspiration,
CG

Giovanna Garcia says: 16 January 2009 - 9:51 pm

Hi CG

Thanks for stopping by, come back any time :-)

The money is in the doing! | Imperfect Action says: 26 January 2009 - 9:40 pm

[...] The “I Love Lucy” Story. [...]

madi says: 23 February 2009 - 2:43 pm

I love how you write

Cindy says: 25 February 2009 - 5:06 pm

Dear Giovanna,
Thanks for the input on Lucy and her husband.I had no idea about her life style,but I sure did love her shows.I watched all her shows that she made.I even have a few of her shows taped.What I would like more than anything in the world,is to have every episode on DVD,that her and Desi made.They were one of my favorite shows in the world.

Giovanna Garcia says: 25 February 2009 - 9:12 pm

Hi Madi
Thank you for stopping by and commenting.

Giovanna Garcia says: 25 February 2009 - 9:15 pm

Hi Cindy

I am a big fan of Lucy myself :-) I really enjoy watch her show. I have seen all of the Lucy a few times over and I will still watch it today, if I see it on TV.
Thanks for your comment and the conversation

Singin’ in the Rain | Imperfect Action says: 16 March 2009 - 6:18 pm

[...] The “I Love Lucy” Story. [...]

Thanks says: 21 March 2011 - 11:50 pm

Thank you so much. That was so well written and helpful.