When the going gets tough the tough gets going

Life is not peaches and cream every day, so from time to time life is going to get tough. Personally I believe that is the universe’s way to give us a chance to show what we are made of? So whenever you are facing a challenge, you need to trust that it is in your best interest to face it head on. Have faith that it is within your ability to handle it. Even though you might not have the answer and that is Okay. It is a challenge so; therefore, it is meant for you to figure it out as you 632190_94753673go along.

When I started my computer company, the first big deal I sold. I had no money to buy the inventory for the project, and I did not know how to go about doing that project. None the less, I close the deal first. I took all my money including my mortgage to fund the project, I hired sub contractor with the skill to do the job. Come to think of it, I risked my mortgage for deals quite a few times in the beginning in order to get my start.

The great explorer Christopher Columbus; not only did he discover America. Moreover, he also proved the rounded shape of the earth. Christopher Columbus must have faced a lot of challenge and done a lot of figure it out as he was going along.

The world famous Bill Gate who got his big starts because he sold Dos; a product that he did not even have. He had to figure out how he was going get his hands on Dos, so he can fill the biggest order of his life.

These people set off to do things that they have no idea how it is going to be. All they know is the end result they seek. I knew I wanted my business to take off.  I have decided to do this computer business and failure was not an option. Christopher Columbus wants to prove that the world is rounded. At the time the longest trip was 30 days in the ocean; his trip would have to be much longer than that. He just got started and figures it out as he goes. Bill Gate knew he wanted that deal with IBM, so he closes the deal first. Then he worries about filling the order.

So, I guess when the going gets tough the tough get going… That is how you will find out “What you are made off?”

Certainty Vs. Doubt

Strengths Vs. Weaknesses

Hilary says: 23 January 2009 - 1:19 am

To have a commitment that must be fulfilled will take us forward as we learn to deal with the challenges on the way - you’ve shown us that route & continue to set an example of what can be done

Bruno LoGreco says: 23 January 2009 - 4:46 am

The unknown and the how is the learning lesson we require to become successful. Some people say you need money to make money - I say nothing ventured nothing gained, even when I don’t have money, because thats when I learn how to make things happen against all odds.

Jay says: 23 January 2009 - 5:46 am

The key to any success is persistance. Often times people give up when it starts to get tough. Everything in life is a result, whether it a so-called failure or a success, it is all simply the universe telling you how you are doing and giving you clues on where to head next. Thanks for a great Friday post Giovanna!

Giovanna Garcia says: 23 January 2009 - 10:42 am

Thanks for the kind words :-) Fulfilling our commitment is what makes it happen!

Thanks for your comment.

Mark says: 23 January 2009 - 10:45 am

You have said this very well. We can’t get caught up in the how, we simply must have the vision and trust that all will fall into place as we go.

Giovanna Garcia says: 23 January 2009 - 10:51 am

Hi Bruno

I love what you said about “learn how to make things happen against all odds!”

Thanks for sharing your wisdom with us here.

Giovanna Garcia says: 23 January 2009 - 10:53 am

Hi Jay,

Persistance…AMEN to that! When ever thing gets tough, I believe that is right before it is going to pay off. So if we would just tough it out, the light is right around the corner.

Thanks for you comment and support :-)

Giovanna Garcia says: 23 January 2009 - 4:09 pm

Hi Mark

That is right, we have trust the process.

Thanks for your comment, I hope to see you again.

Christopher says: 23 January 2009 - 4:15 pm

Sometimes you have to take risks to make life happen….otherwise it will pass you by.

Great post.

Giovanna Garcia says: 23 January 2009 - 4:24 pm

Hi Christopher

That is so true life will pass you by, if you let it :-)

Thanks for your comment, I enjoy reading it.

Amanda Linehan says: 23 January 2009 - 6:59 pm

Hi Giovanna - I really like what you said in the first paragraph - that the Universe puts obstacles in our way in order to test us. That’s a great attitude to have when things aren’t going your way!

Giovanna Garcia says: 23 January 2009 - 8:03 pm

Hi Amanda

That is how I think things work :-) And yes, I do think that it helps when things get tough when you view it as test.

Thanks for taking the time to comment, come back anytime.

Imperfect Action is better than NO action