Don’t Quit!

When things go wrong as they sometimes will; when the road you’re trudging seems all uphill.

When the funds are low, and the debts are high…

And you want to smile, but have to sigh…

When care is pressing you down a bit - Rest if you must, but do not quit!

Life is strange with its twists and turns; as every one of us sometimes learns.

And many a failure turns about, when he might have won had he stuck it out.

Don’t give up thought the pace seems slow- You may succeed with another blow.

Success is failure turned inside out; the silver tint of the clouds of doubt.

And you never can tell how close you are; it may be near when it seems so far;

So stick to the fight when you’re hardest hit; it’s when things seem worst that you must not quit!

By Unknown Author

From the movie “Facing the Giants!”

“Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” ~ Dale Carnegie

When the going gets tough the tough gets going

There is No Guarantee in life… live it anyway!

thanks says: 29 January 2009 - 11:04 pm

I needed this bit of inspiration. This is my 30 th and change day working with no less then 8 hours a day.
Im not gona stop.

Hilary says: 30 January 2009 - 12:48 am

It’s never give it .. just keep going .. always pick yourself up and just keep on going - I just look at whatever challenge hits me & say to myself .. come on, you can do it .. keep positive and it’ll all work out & it does

Daphne says: 30 January 2009 - 2:23 am

I love the poem, and this video made me cry the first time I watched it. Even this time round, I watched the entire 6 minutes again. Thank you for the reminder not to quit. This post was an excellent way to make the point.

Bruno LoGreco says: 30 January 2009 - 3:07 am

How does one really know what to do without trying and making errors? I wonder if people actually think that Bill Gates hit on the nose on the first try, Ford, he too made mistakes that led to huge success. What about Trump, he screwed up too, and had to start all over again - he learned from his first mistake only to become ultra powerful the second time around.

What do you have to lose? What do you stand to gain?

Alik Levin | PracticeThis.com says: 30 January 2009 - 5:00 am

Love this one a lot:
“Success is failure turned inside out”

Indeed I am huge fun of turning negative energy caused by the failure into recharging one toward the next success.

Good one - like it a lot

Jay says: 30 January 2009 - 6:57 am

I see a lot of little restaurants closing down recently and I wonder if they push on a little furthur, will they come out of this financial crisis wiser and stronger. It is like Napoleon Hill said “Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure.”- keep pushing. Failure is not an option.

Scott Jay Ringle says: 30 January 2009 - 8:41 am

I love to tell my team this very message on a daily basis..

In fact I did a video on imperfect action giving you and Craig full credit while hoping some of them would check out your blog ;)

Thanks for the Mindset adjustments as always!

Scott Jay Ringle
Empowered Brand Builders

Giovanna Garcia says: 30 January 2009 - 8:56 am

Hi Thanks

I know it may be hard for you. Just remember Don’t Quit!! You will get to the finish line.

Thanks for commenting and sharing with us.

Giovanna Garcia says: 30 January 2009 - 8:58 am

That is right, it always work out. Never give up and just keep going.

Thanks for sharing with us.

Giovanna Garcia says: 30 January 2009 - 9:08 am

Hi Daphne

I think the poem and the video together really made the point. The video is so powerful.
We can all use a little reminder about don’t quit.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us.

Giovanna Garcia says: 30 January 2009 - 9:11 am

Hi Bruno,

We must try and try and try again. Don’t give up. Like you said Bill Gate, Edison, Trump all had to keep pressing on to become who they are.

Thanks for your comment and sharing your wisdom with us.

Giovanna Garcia says: 30 January 2009 - 9:17 am

Hi Alik

Thank you, This one really hit home for a lot of us. And turning negative energy caused by the failure into recharging one toward the next success is a smart thing to do.

Thanks for joining in with us and sharing your thoughts with us.

Giovanna Garcia says: 30 January 2009 - 9:21 am

Hi Jay

I think whenever it is the darkest, the goal line is right around the corner.
Keep going and never give up.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us.

J.D. Meier says: 30 January 2009 - 9:21 am

I agree resistance makes you stronger.

The trick is to figure out which Dips to lean into and which to avoid. To put it another way, follow the growth.

Nancy M. Meer says: 30 January 2009 - 9:22 am

We all must try again and again–never give up–I agree w/that–6 yrs ago, I had my first ever step class taught in a studio at the New York Sports Club that I go to. The gym didn’t have a beginner level, so I was taught step at a intermediate to advanced level–first half of class intermediate and the rest advanced–not a clue as to what I was doing–hearing all these wierd names–reverse turn, box step, L-Step, Travel….at the end of class, Cynthia went up to me and said in 6 classes, I’ll know it perfectly–stick it out! I said, yeah ok, lol–thinking yeah right. Well, I stuck it out–stayed from start to end of ea class and by my sixth class, I finally knew what I was doing.

Giovanna Garcia says: 30 January 2009 - 9:31 am

Hi Scott

We can all use this message, it is wonderful that you sharing this message with your team. I am sure it help them alot.

I would love to see your Imperfect Action video. Email the link.

Thanks for taking the time to comment on this post.

Giovanna Garcia says: 30 January 2009 - 9:34 am

Thanks for your wise advice, “figure out which Dips to lean into and which to avoid.” Well said.

Thanks for your comment and sharing your wisdom with us.

Giovanna Garcia says: 30 January 2009 - 9:38 am

Hi Nancy

You have such a spirit about you, I just love that.
You Stick it out and now you are kick with the best of them! Such a great story. Don’t quit, it works.

Thanks for your comment and sharing your story with us.
Imperfect Action is beter than No Action

Shaw Funami says: 30 January 2009 - 9:45 am

Your story reminded ancient Chinese General “Han (May be Hang?)” who lost more than 100 times but he won the last one to make his lord become King of China. Thank you for your story.

Charles C Dicus III says: 30 January 2009 - 10:00 am

Very well put. I couldn’t agree more.

Christopher says: 30 January 2009 - 12:02 pm

Great post. I recently posted a video version of the “Don’t Quit Poem” here:

I love the message.

Giovanna Garcia says: 30 January 2009 - 9:30 pm

Hi Shaw

I remember hearing about a story about a Chinese General before. May be it is the same General!?

Thanks for your comment and sharing the story with us.

Giovanna Garcia says: 30 January 2009 - 9:31 pm

Hi Charles

Thanks for stopping by and your comment, I hope to see more of you.

Giovanna Garcia says: 30 January 2009 - 9:35 pm

Hi Christopher

I love this poem too!
Thanks for your comment and sharing the video with me.
Imperfect Action is bette than No Action

DaveMurr says: 31 January 2009 - 8:12 am

Thanks Giovanna for this -

Never never never give up. Give it all you’ve got - at the end of the day no one can take that away from you.

Giovanna Garcia says: 31 January 2009 - 3:59 pm

Hi Dave

Yes, give it all you got. Anything is possible for you.

Thanks for your comment and I enjoy reading it.

Tyron N. says: 1 February 2009 - 10:24 am

Thank you for that Craig and Gio.. Very Inspiring

Giovanna Garcia says: 1 February 2009 - 11:25 am

Hi Tyron

You are welcome, thanks for stopping by and commenting.
Come back anytime.

Deanna Finlinson says: 7 February 2009 - 7:36 pm

Giovanna, that was great. It helps a lot to keep things in the right order to get things done. Keep up the good work.

Jason Cruse says: 8 February 2009 - 2:13 pm

Great Clip

Giovanna Garcia says: 8 February 2009 - 9:35 pm

Hi Jason

Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

Anything is possible! | Imperfect Action says: 26 February 2009 - 9:45 pm

[...] Don’t Quit! [...]

Mistakes are Good! | Imperfect Action says: 21 March 2009 - 9:49 am

[...] Don’t Quit! [...]

RaiulBaztepo says: 28 March 2009 - 3:26 pm

Hello!
Very Interesting post! Thank you for such interesting resource!
PS: Sorry for my bad english, I’v just started to learn this language ;)
See you!
Your, Raiul Baztepo

Giovanna Garcia says: 28 March 2009 - 9:23 pm

Hi Raiul
Thank you for your comment and sharing your thoughts.
Imperfect Action is better than No Actin

PiterKokoniz says: 7 April 2009 - 3:42 pm

Hello !!! ^_^
I am Piter Kokoniz. oOnly want to tell, that I like your blog very much!
And want to ask you: what was the reasson for you to start this blog?
Sorry for my bad english:)
Your Piter

Giovanna Garcia says: 7 April 2009 - 7:26 pm

Hi Piter

I am very happy that you like my blog, I look forward to seeing more of you here.
The reason for me to do this blog is to spread the message “Imperfect Action is better than No Action.” My vision is to empower people to take Action with their life and not wait until they have the perfect plan.
Come back anytime.