A quiz to see what is important.

quiz1

You may to choose to actually take the quiz or just read straight through. Either way you’ll get the point…..

Take this quiz:
1. Name the 5 wealthiest people in the world.
2. Name the 3 Heisman trophy winners.
3. Name the 5 winners of the Miss America contest.
4. Name 5 people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer Prize.
5. Name the last 5 Academy Award winners for best actress.
6. Name the 5 World Series winners.

How did you do?

The point is, none of us remember the headliners of yesterday. These are
no second-rate achievers. They are the best in their fields. But the applause dies. Awards tarnish. Achievements are forgotten.

Here’s another quiz. Let’s see how you do on this one:
1. List a 3 teachers who aided your journey through school.
2. Name 3 friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
3. Name 5 people who have taught you something worthwhile.
4. Think of a 5 people who have made you feel, appreciated and special.
5. Think of 5 people you enjoy spending time with.
6. Name 5 people whose stories have inspired you.

Was it easier?

The lesson here is that people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They are the people that care.

Say thank you, to those who made an impact in your life. Than go out and pay it forward. Take Action! Show someone else that you care and you can make a difference.

Imperfect is better than No Action
Other post by Giovanna
You can make a difference.

Eric says: 1 April 2009 - 10:22 pm

This is my favorite post in a long while. Thanks Giovanna for putting things in perspective in these troubled times.

Shaw Funami says: 1 April 2009 - 10:24 pm

Concise and meaningful article. I totally agree that people who made a difference in my life are not the ones with credentials, money, or awards. They are the ones who cared.

Thank you for your article.

Shaw Funami
Fill the Missing Link

Henie says: 2 April 2009 - 10:25 pm

Hi Gio…

I love how your posts are so insightful and invigorating! Thank you! :~)

Indeed, it is the people who reside in your heart that you remember forever!

Daphne says: 2 April 2009 - 10:27 pm

Gio,

This is one of my favourite posts. And it’s so so so so true. Stumbled!

Believe Achieve - Hugo and Roxanne says: 2 April 2009 - 10:29 pm

Thank YOU, Giovanna, for always caring.

You’ve made a difference in our lives as well as many others through your message and inspiring words. And in turn, we’ll pay it forward and inspire others to be their best self!

Roxanne and Hugo ~ Believe Achieve

Nadia - Happy Lotus says: 2 April 2009 - 10:30 pm

Excellent so post and so true! :) I will definitely pass this on to others!

Jens Upton says: 2 April 2009 - 10:31 pm

Hiya Giovanna

Lovely post and timely as a good friend recently showed me a great kindness. Now it’s my turn to go out and show I care and make a difference

Thanks
Jens

Tess The Bold Life says: 2 April 2009 - 10:33 pm

This is so true. I love ordinary people doing good things in their own quiet way.

Hilary says: 2 April 2009 - 10:34 pm

Hi Gio .. it’s actually good to sit for a while and work out the answers to your questions (2nd part) .. as you then remember their talent when they were around you. I’m pleased I’ve spent some time going through the people in my life, as we remember others too ..

Always keep the good in our heart ..

Thanks Gio for reminding us of the things that bring life into us, opening the door for more life -
Positive Letters

Giovanna Garcia says: 5 April 2009 - 11:18 pm

Hi Eric
I am glad you enjoyed this post.
Thank you for your comment and joining in the conversation.

Giovanna Garcia says: 5 April 2009 - 11:19 pm

Hi Shaw
The one who cares are the ones that matter.
Thank you for your comment and support to our message.

Giovanna Garcia says: 5 April 2009 - 11:19 pm

Thank you for your comment and sharing your wisdom with us.

Giovanna Garcia says: 5 April 2009 - 11:19 pm

Hi Hugo & Roxanne
Yes, you got it spot on! Pay It Forward and inspire other to be their best self. That is what we are put here to do.
Thank you for your comment and sharing your thoughts.

Giovanna Garcia says: 5 April 2009 - 11:19 pm

Hi Nadia
I am glad you enjoyed this, yes, please share it with as many people as you can.
Thank you for your comment and support.

Giovanna Garcia says: 5 April 2009 - 11:20 pm

Hi Jens
Sounds like it is perfect timing to pay it forward. That is such a great feeling to have.
Thank you for your comment and joining in the conversation.

Giovanna Garcia says: 5 April 2009 - 11:20 pm

Hi Tess
Everyday people is what interest me, they are usually making the difference.
Thank you for your comment and sharing your thoughts..

Giovanna Garcia says: 5 April 2009 - 11:20 pm

You are such a blessing. I enjoyed reading what you wrote.
Thank you for your comment and sharing your wisdom.

life and living « listening to the wind says: 18 May 2009 - 6:23 am