Failure and success, the Odd Couple.

Pulling the rope of Failure and success

Pulling the rope of Failure and success

Failure and success…they are the odd couple. They are the polar opposites of each other, yet you will never find one without the other.

Some people go through life’s running away from failure while they are busy chasing success.

The following quotes might offer some wisdom on Failure and success…

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” by Winston Churchill

“You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don’t try.” by Beverly Sills

“I don’t know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone.” by Bill Cosby

“Behind every successful man there’s a lot of unsuccessful years.” by Bob Brown

“If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded.” by Maya Angelou

“The majority of men meet with failure because of their lack of persistence in creating new plans to take the place of those which fail.” by Napoleon Hill

“Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.” by Robert Kennedy

“I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating.” by Sophocles

“Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go.” by William Feather

“Eighty percent of success is showing up.” by Woody Allen

“Success is a state of mind. If you want success, start thinking of yourself as a success.” by Joyce Brothers

“Real success is finding your lifework in the work that you love.” by David McCullough

“I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that don’t work.” by Thomas Edison

“Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can’t lose.” by Bill Gates

“I know fear is an obstacle for some people, but it is an illusion to me. . .Failure always made me try harder next time.” Michael Jordan

“Keep on going, and the chances are that you will stumble on something, perhaps when you are least expecting it. I never heard of anyone ever stumbling on something sitting down.” by Charles Franklin Kettering

“The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand.” by Vince Lombardi

“Success: Big shots are only little shots who keep shooting.” by Christopher Morley

I wish everyone a happy and purposeful life.

Imperfect Action is Better than No Action

Baker says: 18 June 2009 - 10:17 pm

These are great quotes. I am big fan of Napoleon Hill’s book Think and Grow Rich, and it’s probably one of my favorites, to keep me moving forward when I need that extra push.

Awesome.

Deanna Finlinson says: 18 June 2009 - 11:07 pm

Giovanna, those are great quotes, they make you think. Love the one by Thomas Edison, all the way that did not work. Then he found the one that did work. So many try once and give up saying that “I am not doing that again.” They do no regroup and try again in a different way. Thank you again.

[...] post: Failure and success, the Odd Couple. | Imperfect Action This entry is filed under success. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS [...]

Positively Present says: 19 June 2009 - 5:57 am

I love these quotes! Thanks so much for posting them here. I’m going to come back to this post again and again when I need some inspiration.

Peter Baca says: 19 June 2009 - 8:39 am

I really enjoyed these quotes! The Napoleon Hill and the Thomas Edison quotes are my favorites! Thanks for the inspiration!

Pete Baca
The Car Enthusiast Online

Ching Ya says: 19 June 2009 - 9:01 am

Thank you, Giovanna. In time to give this a browse, and worth every minutes of it. Appreciate you sharing these. Best wishes.

@wchingya
social media/blogging

Hilary says: 19 June 2009 - 9:45 am

Hi Gio .. thanks for your wishes .. I too wish everyone a happy and purposeful life. The quotes are great and are good reminders .. I like the last one .. Success: Big shots are only little shots who keep shooting.” by Christopher Morley

Thank you - have a lovely weekend ..
Positive Letters

Nadia - Happy Lotus says: 19 June 2009 - 1:15 pm

Somewhere in my journey, I reached the conclusion that there was no such thing as failure or a mistake. Each experience is a learning opportunity if someone chooses to recognize the lesson or meaning of an experience. Something is a failure or a mistake only if there person does not learn from it.

Love all the quotes too! :)

Believe Achieve - Hugo and Roxanne says: 19 June 2009 - 3:22 pm

Wonderful quotes!! So true….can’t have one without the other.
Our favorite: “Real success is finding your lifework in the work that you love.” Then, it never feels like work!

Happy Friendship Friday!! :-)
Be sure to stop by and answer today’s Friendship question.

Hugo and Roxanne ~ Believe Achieve

Giovanna Garcia says: 20 June 2009 - 7:08 am

Hi Baker
Napoleon Hill is a Classic. Everytime I read it, it is as good as the first time.
Thanks for you comment and sharing your support.

Giovanna Garcia says: 20 June 2009 - 7:09 am

Hi Deanna

That is right, if more of us can apply Thomas Edison’s wisdom. What we can all do…? :-) Thanks for you comment and joining the conversation.

Giovanna Garcia says: 20 June 2009 - 7:10 am

Hi Positively Present

Wonderful to hear that you enjoy this so much.
Thanks for you comment and being a part of this.

Giovanna Garcia says: 20 June 2009 - 7:12 am

Hi Peter

I agree Napeleon Hill and Thomas Edison are classics. Their wisdom are timeless.
Thanks for you comment and support.

Giovanna Garcia says: 20 June 2009 - 7:13 am

Hi Ching

Welcome back! I am glad you had time to stop by.
Thanks for you comment and joining the conversation.

Giovanna Garcia says: 20 June 2009 - 7:15 am

Christopher Morley’s is one that I found the most helpful for me. Just keep shooting… :-) Thanks for you comment and sharing your thought.

Giovanna Garcia says: 20 June 2009 - 7:18 am

Hi Nadia

Amen sister! You are spot on.
Thanks for you comment and sharing your wisdom, you have added more to this post.

Giovanna Garcia says: 20 June 2009 - 7:22 am

Hi Hugo & Roxanne

I agree, when we love what we do…than we are just living our passion. Not Working!
Thanks for you comment and support.

Shaw Funami says: 20 June 2009 - 11:29 pm

Hello Giovanna,

Nice post. Nice quotes. Your article reminded me a part of song, Rose… “.. and the soul, afraid of dying, never learns to live.

Thank you for your sharing.
Shaw Funami
Fill the Missing Link

Giovanna Garcia says: 22 June 2009 - 9:36 am

Hi Shaw
Yes, we must focus on living instead of dying.
Thank you for your comment and sharing your wisdom.

If at first you don’t succeed… « says: 2 July 2009 - 5:34 am