Your time is NOW.

Now O'Clock

Now O'Clock

Your time is NOW.

Looking back on my own life, there are several stages that stand out as being big growth spurts. With those growth spurts came a lot of growing pains. In fact, many of the periods of growth weren’t very fun at the time. Moving to the United States without knowing how to speak English was a big risk and it was difficult. I had a hard time learning to speak English, but it sure was worth it.

My first marriage was a mistake, but luckily I had the strength to change and learn. It certainly would have been easier to just stay in my abusive relationship—that’s what everyone else wanted me to do and I easily could have settled and accepted that as my fate. I didn’t, though. I left my marriage and it was very painful.

Before I started my own business I was working at a dentist’s office. It paid the bills and again I easily could have settled, but I knew I wasn’t going to achieve the success I desired working at the dentist’s office. So I took a big risk and started my own business. It was twelve years of hard work, and there were a lot of growing pains along the way, but I wouldn’t trade in the skills and knowledge I gained going through those pains for anything.

What all these moments of change and growth have done for me is create a habit of always growing and expanding. Even now that I’m retired from my computer business, I’m not content to sit around.

Being an inspirational speaker was the new path I set out for myself to grow, and perhaps my biggest growth spurt in recent years has been writing my first inspirational book. What started out as a modest goal of reaching more people with my message has turned into something much bigger!

I’ve gotten to interview 100 unbelievable Chinese American women that I’ve grown as a person. I have learned from their stories and experiences, and the process of researching, interviewing, and writing has tested my patience, determination, and integrity. I have grown, not only because of these tests, but because of the knowledge and wisdom I’ve learned, and because of the relationships I’ve made. All of that has benefited me more than anything money could buy.

Today, I finished my first draft of the book and it is an unbelievable feeling to have my own manual scrip in hand. In this journey I interviewed and examined the lives of 100 trailblazing successful Chinese American women in order to discover the 7 Lessons for Success.

I wish for everyone to Getting out of their Comfort Zone. Try something new, if there is one thing you have been thinking about do, today is the day.

Your Time Is Now!

Believe Achieve - Hugo and Roxanne says: 19 August 2009 - 11:09 pm

Hi Giovanna!

Wow!!!! And Congratulations!!

We’re SO looking forward to getting an autographed copy of your book! We know it’s going to hit the Bestseller’s List and be a Great Success! You’ve been an Inspiration!

Roxanne and Hugo
Believe Achieve

Positively Present says: 20 August 2009 - 2:48 am

Congrats on finishing the book! :) I can’t wait to hear more about it. I love this post because I love thinking about what it means to live in the now. Being present is SO important and it sounds like you’re really doing it. And nice picture too. ;)

jonathanfigaro says: 20 August 2009 - 1:58 pm

being able to take action in the present moment saves lives. Making sure that today was a successful day is what life is all about. Take action now because tomorrow isn’t guaranteed.

J.D. Meier says: 20 August 2009 - 5:36 pm

> the process of researching, interviewing, and writing
It sounds like a great way to grow. You get the benefit of other people’s life lessons. That’s a wealth of knowledge.

Daphne @ Joyful Days says: 20 August 2009 - 8:22 pm

Congratulations on finishing your book draft. That must be an amazing feeling! Please let us know when the book is available for sale. I really admire all that you did in your life.

Giovanna Garcia says: 20 August 2009 - 8:49 pm

Hi Hugo & Roxanne
Thank you so much for the kind words and support. I feel so blessed that so many people believe in me and those 100 successful Women who I interviewed. It has been amazing.

Giovanna Garcia says: 20 August 2009 - 8:50 pm

Hi Positively Present,
Have you ever seen the play RENT. A song in there named “No day but today.” That is how we should all live. :-) Thanks for your comment and sharing your thoughts.

Giovanna Garcia says: 20 August 2009 - 8:51 pm

Hi Jonathanfigaro,
Well said my friend, “tomorrow is not guaranteed.”
Thanks for your comment and sharing your wisdom.

Giovanna Garcia says: 20 August 2009 - 8:52 pm

It has been the most amazing project ever. :-) Thanks for your comment and support.

Deanna Finlinson says: 20 August 2009 - 9:40 pm

Wow! Giovanna,

Have you done all the re-writes yet?

Job well done, for sure.

We learn so much from each other. This is a great way to learn and grow as you fulfill a goal. Look at all the you have learned by talking to these great women and what they have gone through and grown from in their lives.

Thank you Giovanna for all that you do to inspire other to reach higher, do better, do more with what they have to offer, to think a little differently.

Have a great day.

Hilary says: 20 August 2009 - 10:25 pm

Hi Gio - that is brilliant news .. the word is out. Fantastic on getting the first draft done - that is most definitely an amazing success.

You are a beacon of light in our lives .. knowing your story, it is just setting your sights and deciding that you can do it. We know you most definitely can do it .. and we know that you learn as you go.

How wonderful to have achieved and grown through your trials and tribulations and be strong enough to pull through.

That s just the most brilliant news for Friday 21st August - roll on its publication.

Enjoy the weekend .. speaking and helping others ..

Tess The Bold Life says: 21 August 2009 - 12:11 pm

Congratulations! I hope you’re throwing yourself a big party. This is huge and watch out world is all I have to say.

Chris Edgar | Purpose Power Coaching says: 21 August 2009 - 2:05 pm

Thanks for keeping us updated — I’m looking forward to the book (and of course the Oprah interview)!

Paul Maurice Martin says: 22 August 2009 - 8:03 pm

Congratulations - and interesting to learn some of your bio. I used to teach ESL years ago and I’m still friends with a Cantonese woman, now I guess maybe… 33 years old? - who came here speaking not a word of English at age 11.

Drew says: 24 August 2009 - 4:57 pm

Giovanna - this is great. It is certainly NOW Oclock. I have learned that you can not manage time - just manage yourself in time. Congratulations on your book. I can not wait to read it. You are certainly an inspiration. Your growth journey is amazing. I read that change is inevitable and growth is optional. Thanks for all you do!

Arswino @ Inspirational Quotes says: 25 August 2009 - 7:42 am

Hi Giovanna, congratulation!

Again…. the real proof of the power of now.

Robin says: 26 August 2009 - 3:37 am

Hi Giovanna - I loved reading this. That’s fantastic about your book! - that is so interesting how you gained a lot from doing it, through getting to know the women.

+Baker says: 27 August 2009 - 1:46 pm

I recieved value from reading this excellent post. Also I’d like to add a quote that I’m sure you will resonate well with from Gina Graves.

“Winners take imperfect action while losers are still perfecting the plan.” Gina Graves

I am starting to understand the concept of imperfect action, and seeing results from this level of thinking.

+Baker

Giovanna Garcia says: 31 August 2009 - 9:53 pm

Hi Deanna,
Thank you for your kind words. Yes, I feel so blessed to have spoken with so many amazing women and the lessons I learned are priceless.
I hope the book will do the same for the readers.
I am working at it day and night finish the book, I will keep you posted.
Thanks for your support.

Giovanna Garcia says: 31 August 2009 - 9:55 pm

Hi Hilary,
I am so touched by your words of support.
I have been focusing so much on finishing the rewriting so I can have it go to print.
Your support have meant so much to me. :-) Thanks for being there for me.

Giovanna Garcia says: 31 August 2009 - 9:57 pm

Hi Tess,
Thanks so much for your support.
I have been busy working on my rewirting to ensure my message is clear and focus.
I hope to be ready for print very soon. :-) Thanks for your support.

Giovanna Garcia says: 31 August 2009 - 9:58 pm

Hi Chris,
Yes, I promise when Oprah call; I will be sure to let you know ;-) Thanks for your support.

Giovanna Garcia says: 31 August 2009 - 10:05 pm

Hi Paul,
Wow, I too am Cantonese and I was 16 when I came. It sounds like your friend and I have a lot of the same life stories. :-) I did write about my personal story in my earlier post. :-) Thanks for your comment and support.

Giovanna Garcia says: 31 August 2009 - 10:07 pm

Hi Drew,
I am very glad that we are connected, I have learn a lot from you during our time together. :-)
Thanks for your comment and sharing your thoughts.

Giovanna Garcia says: 31 August 2009 - 10:08 pm

Hi Arswino,
I hope to finish the re write very soon and have it in print. :-) Thanks for your support.

Giovanna Garcia says: 31 August 2009 - 10:09 pm

Hi Robin,
Yes, I feel so blessed that so many amazing women are willing to share their stories and wisdom with me.
Thanks for your support.

Giovanna Garcia says: 31 August 2009 - 10:35 pm

Hi Baker,
Great quote! I love it.
The longer you take on the concept of imperfect action, the better life will become. And you will come to understand that you have a lot of power within you.
Thanks for your comment and conversation.